If you are a Math teacher, you must keep in mind some points that will for sure help to be more outstanding and better teacher for your students. It is not an easy job, because some students don´t see mathematics as an important subject to learn, it is in your hands the responsibility that they change this idea so they can be successful in this area.
- Before anything, there should be a detail planning of each class and topic so you are prepared to solve the questions of your students. Their questions need to be answered before the next topic is introduced to prevent student´s future frustrations.
- You are an expert on the subject, but it is different to be an expert than to be a teacher. A good teacher is characterized by its patience at the time of explanations. It doesn’t matter how many times it must explain.
- Most of the students have short term attention spam, that is why it is recommended to make short explanations of approximated 10 minutes, followed by practice exercises; we all know that practice makes perfect.
- Motivate and inspire the students is very important, tomorrow they will be the next engineer, doctor, mechanic. If the student knows that math is useful there will be more interest in learning.
- It is very helpful to use language easy to understand. If the explanation is easy, the subject itself will be easy to learn.
- Use modern examples and visual materials, who said math had to be boring? It is recommended to use day to day situations, movies, current events.
Like the students learn from you, also you can learn from them. Always keep your mind open to suggestions and what they can add to your work. It is an opportunity of mutual learning and become an expert Math teacher
¡Let the student have moments to shine, this shows you as a good teacher and a good human!
TinkerLink, experts recommended by people you already know.